Our Commitment to Candidates
We know applying for and taking on a new opportunity at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Hi-line.
Our hiring process is different at Hi-line. We want you to know that when you apply for a role, you are going to hear back from us. In fact, throughout the process we strive to make sure that a member of our team is in contact with you at least once per week.
Here’s what happens when you apply for a position at Hi-Line.
- Applying: When you apply for a Territory Manager position at Hi-line, the application goes into our application tracking software. Here, our team – will review your application and reach out to complete an informational phone call if we feel your skills are a match. If your skills are not a match, you’ll hear back from us letting you know we are moving forward with other candidates for this role.
- Informational phone call: The applicant will receive a phone call from a member of our talent to discuss the position. If we don’t feel that you are a good match, you will still hear back from us letting you know we are moving forward with other candidates.
- Online Survey: We will then ask you to complete an online survey that helps us with furthering our employee development. We understand that no candidate is flawless, so we look for candidates who excel in one or two skills. If management finds you are not a match for one of our open positions, you will hear back from us letting you know we are moving forward with other candidates.
- Online Interview: Once we have reviewed the initial batch of applicants, the top applicants will be selected for a video conversation about the role with a member of our talent team. Here you’ll be asked questions that dig into your relevant experience for this role, and you’ll have a chance to evaluate whether or not Hi-line matches up with the requirements you are looking for in your next opportunity. If you don’t make it past this step, you will hear back from us letting you know we are moving forward with other candidates.
- Documentation: Once you have completed the online interview with a member of our talent, there will be a few documents you will need to complete before a member of our Management team will approve for you to move to the next phase in the hiring process. If your documentation is approved, you will be notified that you have been selected to participate in a home office interview, located in Dallas, Texas. If you don’t make it past this step, you will hear back from us letting you know that we are moving forward with other candidates.
- Home Office Interview: This interview takes place at our home office and distribution center, located in Dallas, Texas. We will arrange roundtrip travel and accommodations for your trip to Dallas. You will spend the entire day meeting with our management team, touring our distribution center and learning more about the Hi-Line opportunity. At the end of the day, Management will convene and make a decision if we would like to move you along to the next phase in the hiring process. If you don’t make it past this step, you will hear back from us letting you know that we are moving forward with other candidates.
- TMX Ride Along: What a better way to see if you are going to enjoy being a Territory Manager with Hi-line then to get to experience it first-hand. We ask all candidates to spend a day working in the field with one of our world-class territory managers. You will be participating in activities – yes, that’s right PARTICIPATING – not just shadowing – cold calling, as well as servicing customers. At the end of this day management will make a final decision if an employment offer will be extended. If you don’t make it to this step, you will hear back from us letting you know that we are moving forward with other candidates.
- Final Decision: After the TMX, we evaluate each candidate who made it to the ride along, and the hiring team makes a final decision on who an offer of employment will be extended to. If multiple candidates meet our hiring bar, we’ll select the best candidate for the position. If you are not selected, a member of our talent team will reach out to let you know that another candidate has been selected.
- Offer: Once an offer has been made you will be given 24 business hours to accept or decline the position. Hopefully, you’ll accept the offer and we can start working out a start date and plan your first week of training.
Thank you for considering a career at Hi-line, and I hope this will encourage you to take that leap of faith and send in an application.